Last Updated: March 15, 2013
1) Protecting Your Privacy
- We respect your right to privacy. We will not give your name or personal information to third parties.
Paypal Payments processes all of the transactions on CSI’s Catalyst. No one sees your credit card information besides Paypal, not even us.
- The Company does not knowingly collect information from individuals under the age of 18. If we become informed that a posting has been made by a person under the age of 18, we will remove all materials posted by such individual and will delete the account used by such person to access our website.
- Postings made on our website may include links to third party websites, and such websites will have different privacy policies than those set forth herein. We disclaim all responsibility for compliance with the privacy policies of those third party websites, and strongly urge all users to review such privacy policies.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. We will keep these emails to a minimum. You will also receive certain email notifications (forwarded messages, etc.), for which you may opt-out. We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. Project Makers receive the email addresses of their backers if, and only if, the project is successfully funded.
3) Technology / Security
We do utilize tracking devices (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs, etc.)
You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases, this may impact your ability to use HiveWire.
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. Your personal information is stored behind firewalls and is only accessible by a limited number of people who are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place orders we use a secure server. To the extent you select the secure server method and your browser supports such functionality, all credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Regardless of these efforts by us, no data transmission over the public Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
4) Data we collect and store
- As part of the registration process, we collect your name, email address, and mailing address (your “Personal Information”). We may additionally track data (including data which has been marked by the user as “Deleted”) relating to your behavior on the website, including, but not limited to, creating a Project, funding a Project, your general geographic region and/or your organization affiliations (your “Project Posting Information”).
- Please do not post any personal information in any public forum of HiveWire.ca or http://crowdfund.socialinnovation.org/ which you expect to remain private, including, but not limited to, any Personal Information and/or Project Posting Information. We also reserve the right to collect any data about you which is publicly available; this data may be obtained by us or by a 3rd party engaged by us to collect such information.
- We make good faith efforts to store all collected data in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, although we cannot guarantee complete security. All of our collected data resides on servers in Canada or the United States.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Company’s website, and to otherwise provide our services to you.
5) How we may use your data
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties:
- The Centre for Social Innovation
- Project Creators for projects which have successfully funded, and to which you have pledged your support as a Backer.
Access to your data may be obtained by contacting HiveWire at info@csiCatalyst.org
6) International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of HiveWire.ca or http://crowdfund.socialinnovation.org, we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in Canada or the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
7) Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
When we receive formal written complaints, we contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns; please submit all questions or concerns by following the instructions in the section below.
The Company has further committed to cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between the Company and an individual. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by the Company, please contact your local regulatory authority.
9) Help or Feedback
If you need any assistance or would like to provide feedback on this document, please contact info@csiCatalyst.org.